The Mahogany Bay cruise ship port is located in French Harbour, Roatan. The 4 year old port can host 2 cruise ships at a time and mostly docks Carnival ships. Here are some pros and cons of staying in the port:
- It is easy, if you just want to get off the ship, stretch your legs and hang out at a nice looking beach without spending much money this is your best option.
- Great shopping for Roatan souvenirs.
- Couple of cool excursions built right into the port: ATVs and Clip N Zip zipline
- You are not really seeing Roatan, just a man made center which caters to the mass market.
- There is no comparison between the beach and reef and Mahogany Bay and West Bay Beach.
- It is difficult to leave the port by walking as it is built deep inland.
- The port can get extremely crowded and it feels a bit like Disneyland.
- Prices are higher for food and drinks.
A list of ships which dock at Mahogany Bay:
Navigator of the Seas
Holland America Ryndam